Answering questions from “A Good Man is Hard to Find” and “A Rose for Emily”
1. What was your first thought that the short story A Good Man is Hard to Find would be about?
2. Where did the problem begin and because of tradition, could it have been different in this story?
3. A Rose for Emily is also grounded with tradition, so what events lead Emily to her craziness
and to her demise?
4. Ultimately Emily love Homer, so why does she do what she did?
5. In Young Goodman Brown, A Rose for Emily, and A Good Man is Hard to Find the
community and the towns play a major impact in their lives and what transpires. Explain each
story and how this is true and what impact the community or town has.
B. Make a comment about the short stories: How is “the Misfit” and Young Goodman Brown similar and different? or How is Emily and “the woman” similar and different? Support your response by giving textual evidence and use MLA formatting.