Claim of Cause Essay
US unemployment rate and US Crime rate ( is there a correlation or not)
Construct a claim of cause essay that establishes a probable cause or effect for a given condition. You may choose your own topic or select a topic from ” The essay must be 500-700 words and include a reference page in APA format that cites at least two credible sources of information.
Consider the following questions as you create your paper:
· Does the writing have a definite beginning, middle, and end?
· Is the thesis the last sentence in the introduction?
· Does the thesis include three supporting ideas mirrored in the level I headings?
· Does the writing capture attention?
Does the ending give a note of finality or logical conclusion?
· Does the thesis make a causal claim?
· Does the paper establish criteria to determine cause/effect relationships?
· Does the paper use reasons, examples, or quotes for support?
· Is APA documentation used correctly in relation to the cover page, title, internal headings, internal citations, and the reference page?
· Is the format for margins and spacing standard?
· Are citations in parentheses concise and complete enough to find the sources on the reference page?
Word Choice/Effective Sentences/Punctuation/Spelling and Mechanics
· Are ideas parallel?
· Are words added to make comparisons logical and complete?
· Do modifiers point to the words they modify?
· Does the writing maintain a consistent point of view?
· Are verbs consistent in mood, voice, and tense?
· Is paper free of spelling and mechanical errors?