There are 5 short assignments.
Assignment 1: 1 page
Assignment 2: Approximately 1 page
Assignment 3: Approximately 1 page
Assignment 4: 200 words
Assignment 5: Approximately 1 page
(1)Romance in the Workplace
To increase student awareness of the negative and positive impacts and implications of romance in the workplace.
Please respond to these questions by October 4, 2019 by 11:59 pm
1. Given the risks of workplace romances a relationship that will likely eventually end and depending on circumstances may negative impact your career and the benefits a relationship with someone who shares your experience and in close proximity that ends in marriage more than 30% of the time do you think that workplace romances are worth the risk? Why or why not?
2. If you or someone close to you were about to enter into a workplace romance, what rules (at least 3) would you recommend they follow to be subtle and discreet in their behavior?
3. In general, how do you feel about intimate displays of emotion in the workplace? (2)When Friends Get in the Way
To reflect on the impact of friendships on romantic relationships.
Please the following questions:
1. Have you found that your friendships sometimes sabotage your love life? Or conversely, has your love life intruded on your friendships? What do you think is the ideal balance?
2. What kinds of conversations would you need to have with your friendsor with your romantic partnersto bring about an appropriate balance?
Due October 4, 2019 by 11:59 pm (3)Element of Communication Process Assignment In Chapter One, we learned communication is the process of creating or sharing meaning in informal conversation, group interaction, or public speaking. To understand how the process works, we described the essential elements in the process. For the following interaction, identify the contexts, participants, channels. message, interference (noise), and feedback. “Maria and Damien are meandering through the park, talking and drinking bottled water. Damien finishes his bottle, replaces the lid, and tosses the bottle into the bushes at the side of the path. Maria, who has been listening to Damien talk, comes to a stop, puts her hand on her hips, stares at Damien, and says angrily, ” I can’t believe what you just did! Damien blushes, averts his gaze, and mumbles, “Sorry, I’ll get it- I just wasn’t thinking.” As the tension drains from Maria’s face. she gives her head a playful toss, smiles, and says, Well, just see that it doesn’t happen again. 1. Contexts a. Physical b. Social c. Historical d. Psychological 2. Participants 3. Channels 4. Message 5. Interference (Noise) 6. Feedback (4)Discussion: Communication Analysis
Search on the internet on sites such as www.youtube.com and http://www.ted.com/ to find good speeches. Pick a speech to analyze. In this discussion, you will analyze the speech for invention, arrangement, style, memory, and delivery. Further, look for logos, pathos, and ethos.
Post the link to the speech, and your analysis. (5)Attending a Speech Outside of Class
Analyze the speech for invention, arrangement, style, memory, and delivery.
Further, look for logos, pathos, and ethos.
Write about your overall impression.